A custom light fixtures look elegant and graceful and adds a touch of individuality to your space. Here are a few tips to consider when designing custom light fixtures:
- Color – Pick a color scheme which matches the decor of the surrounding space and does not clash with it. At times, mix and match may fit, but it is not necessarily so.
- Shape – Apart from the traditional shapes, you can experiment with various shapes to give a contemporary look and feel. Anything goes, so long as it is functional and matches the furnishing.
- Size – Ensure that the light fixtures do not engulf all other fittings and furnishings in the room. After all, the light fixtures are there as just a part of the decor.
- Light-shade – The bulbs should be of a color which is in consonance with the functionality and the mood of the room.
- Height – The custom lighting manufacturers are the best guides about the heights of various light fixtures, from chandeliers to sconces and ceiling lamps, even the bulbs of floor lamps need to be at a certain height in order to maximize their effect.
- Accessories – The light fixtures can be accessorized depending on their function and the ambiance of the room.
- Quality – Ensure that the custom lighting manufacturers or custom lighting service provider has the necessary quality certification. There are many independent product safety certification organizations, attesting to the fact that the manufacturer adheres to the relevant quality norms. The most common among them is the UL certification.